I AM A POSITIVE ROLE MODEL
Set up a Voki Account
– This must be done at home or another location outside of school because you
need access to email. If you cannot set up an account, I will set one up for
you. Please let me know prior to the class period we will be working on these.
Go to www.voki.com
Click On the Get Voki tab
- Fill out the registration form. (You do not need to use your full last name. Use
the first couple of letters or make up one)
- Use and active/correct email address.
- Your account is not activated until you receive an email and then activate
your account through the email. You must do this prior to coming to
class/school because you do not have access to email at school.
Creating a Voki
- Hit the CREATE tab on the top.
- Follow the directions on the right-hand-side.
- Remember that after you choose a feature for your avatar you have to hit done.
When adding the voice to your avatar you can do this in one of two ways.
- Type it in/keynote picture – you can type what you have created right in the dialogue box. You then are
able to choose the voice. Make sure it is in English.
- Speak it/microphone picture – if you have access to a microphone (many computers have them, but not at
school) you can speak right into it. Read from what you have written but try to have some animation in your voice.
Once you have created your Voki, you need to post it onto our class blog. Follow these directions.
1. Sign onto your Voki. account.
2. You should see all the Vokis you have created.
3. Click on the one you want to use.
4. Hit Publish Your Voki
5. Where it says Embed code –click the blue copy button to the right
6. Log onto the class blog
7. Go to all blog posts
8. Find your name on the right-hand-side
9. On the top click on New Post
10. Enter a Title
11. On the post area it says Visual and HTML – click on the HTML tab
12. Paste your Embedded code that you copied for your Voki, into this area.
13. Click back to the Visual Tab
14. You should see your Voki
15. Below your Voki you will type in the written portion of this assignement.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- DO NOT USE YOUR FULL NAME. - FIRST NAME ONLY
- SPEAK LOUD AND CLEARLY INTO THE MICROPHONE IF YOU ARE DOING IT THAT
- MAKE SURE YOU ARE FOLLOWING THE RUBRIC WITH YOUR POST
- REMEMBER YOUR VOKI’S WILL BE VIEWED BY OTHERS AND COMMENTS WILL BE