Birth Defect Presentation
image from google images
Your group will present your findings from your research on a birth defect. The following guidelines must be followed in order to receive full credit for the presentation. Each member of the group will receive an individual and group grade. Click here for presentation rubric.
1- all group members must speak during presentations - must be an equal balance
2- all answers to the questions must be presented at some point during the presentation (do not read word for word).
3- the case study must provide a link / visual / video of the person you are speaking about.
4- Must have a visual - use Glogster for presenation.
5- At least three appropirate pictures will be used. Think of using pictures that will help to
understand what you are explaining during your presentation
6- must have citations/references in MLA style - Citations/References must include where you retrieved the information as well as where you got the pictures from.
© Make sure animations don’t take away from information-not too fast/slow
© Be sure information flows logically from start to end
© Always have peer edit/check your slide
© Make sure font is easy to read, color contrast and font slide
© Information gathering first, then spend time on making the presentation come to life
© Bullet/Outline information –do not write everything you are going to say.
Your visual is to help enhance the verbal presentation. You will say more then what is on the slide. You may use index cards to help guide you but do not read word for word on the card. You will get points taken off. When presenting:
* Use a clear strong voice so everyone in the room can hear you. Speak loud and proud.
* Present to the audience, do not have your back to them. And be very conscious of turning to face the
slides and then talking into the slide. Face your audience.
* Make eye contact. Scan the room. Don't look at one person. Look over their heads if you don't want to
look at them.
* Do not sit or lean against anything. Stand up straight.
* Do not figit with anything.
* Make sure your group is organized, clear, and hold the audience attention.